This vegetable Fried rice is Chinese style, exactly the same which you get in Chinese restaurants. Brings you the same aroma, texture, and taste as you would like from a Chinese restaurant.
The only thing to be noted here is the wok you need for tossing the fried rice and the high heat over which fried rice is cooked. These are two essential things to be taken care of while making any fried rice.
The wok used here is non-stick and has sufficient diameter to toss rice on high heat. Rice and vegetables should be tossed on high heat continuously in such a way that rice gets gently fried in the cooking process. This gives a crispy texture and that goes along perfectly with the veggies in there.
Vegetable Fried Rice
- Large wok
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic fine chopped
- 1 medium carrot fine chopped
- 2 tbsp french beans fine chopped
- ½ cup Button Mushroom quartered
- 1 tbsp Capsicum fine chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp spring onions fine chopped
- ½ tsp vinegar
- Heat oil in a large wok and when the oil is hot enough, add fine chopped garlic. Saute gaulic till garlic turns light brown in color
- Add carrot, french beans, mushroom and saute for about 3-4 minutes on high heat
- Add fine chopped capsicum, salt and pepper and stir well. Add cooked rice and mix well gently.
- Add soya sauce, spring onions and vinegar to the rice and give the rice a gentle toss till rice gets coated with spices evenly